In the spirit of self-promotion (isn’t that what blogging is all about?) here are 24 things I am thankful for on my 24th birthday.
1. My family. Have you met them? They’re pretty awesome. All of them – parents, step-parents, siblings, step-siblings, cousins, aunts, grandparents, uncles, step-grandparents…you get the idea. I’m lucky.
2. My friends and boyfriend. Again, some awesome peeps are in my life.
3. Having a job. This is perhaps a little cliche but after a year of unpaid labor post college, I am thankful to have steady employment at a job I like.
4. Having the opportunity to travel. While I always want to travel more, I am thankful I’ve been to so many amazing places. I still look at my 2009 Europe pictures when I’m having a bad day. Next up, Boston October 7th 🙂
5. Being able to run. When I hurt my knee in my car accident a few years ago, I was told I might not be able to run (for cardio) again. However, a year after the accident, my doctor gave me the green light to begin running again. (Little did he know I had more or less been running for the previous 6 months – but it’s always nice to have the stamp of approval from a professional).
6. Music. Can you imagine working in an office without it?
7. Being from Oregon. I love the climate, the people, the attitude, the food, and pretty much everything about this state. While I do hope to live elsewhere for awhile, there is no doubt in my mind that I will end up here.
8. My living situation. I live with the most amazing family. Though I don’t help out all that much, I love helping out where I can.
9. Cute clothes (I’m sorry, I can be a little materialistic sometimes).
10. Summer and fall. My two favorite seasons.
11. El Dia de Independencia (Mexican independence day is the same day as my birthday). Viva Mexico! I also love mexican food and margaritas 🙂
12. Having a family that values education.
13. Being able to forgive. Life’s too short to stay angry.
14. Being forgiven.
15. Having a car that runs. If you have seen my car, I bet you’re surprised I’m saying this. Yes, it’s a turquoise P.O.S., but I’m happy to have it!
16. Puppies…specifically bulldog puppies. Cutest things ever.
17. Being debt free. Love this. Seriously, it makes life so much easier.
18. Having parents that help pay for college (see item 17).
19. Being a duck. I’m so glad I went to University of Oregon. It allowed me to save money AND have an awesome experience.
20. Applying to graduate school! While it’s a stressful process, I’m excited for what’s next.
21. Still being so young and having so much to look forward to!
22. But at the same time, I am so glad high school is a thing of the past 😉
23. Being 24!
24. While my life is nothing like I thought it would when I turned 24, I am so thankful to have the life that I do. Thank you to all who are in it and make everyday so much fun. ❤